Tuesday 5 April 2011

Someone asked me if this was my first marathon - at this stage I'm only competing in the half, which I have done once before. I'm leaning more towards doing the Jetty 2 Jetty at Redcliffe instead of GC half, because of the smaller crowds.

I did Macleay River half in 2009. It was horrible. I learned that just because you CAN run 21.1km without training doesn't mean you SHOULD. Recovery was long and painful. It was a very steep learning curve. This time I'm trying to handle the situation a lot better, train properly and whatnot.

I went to a workshop last night put on by the QLD Dept of Sport and Rec. It was all about athlete recovery, what to eat leading up to, during and after an event and basic strength and conditioning. SO informative. It was a really great experience. Extra bonus - it was free AND there was FREE FOOD! I was hungry after my 7.5km jog yesterday afternoon so it was great chowing down on some nice sandwiches and fruit!

Heading out for a run soon, I'll see how the ankle holds up. I'm planning on doing about a 4km loop and seeing if I can repeat it 3 times.
x Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment